Lower Limb Clinic
Mr Kershaw Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons operates an out-reach clinic from the Macclesfield Spire Regency Hospital covering the hip knee ankle and foot. Although a private hospital this is a fully commissioned NHS service at no cost to the patient.
- Out patient clinics happen at Ashfields in Sandbach
- Its a consultant led service.
- The consultants involved also work in the NHS Macclesfield hospital which has a very high reputation.
- As the Spire Regency doesnt take acute/trauma work the chances of operations being changed/cancelled are much lower.
- The communication from Spire to us your GPs is excellent – which cant always be said of other providers.
- Distance. Currently all investigations and operations take place in Macclesfield which is around 40 minutes away by car. Though there is adequate parking at the Regency Hospital.
- Limitations. Because the Regency doesnt have ITU facilities it cant operate on some higher risk patients with multiple co-morbidities.
You are completely free to choose any provider of orthopaedic services including Leighton, Oswestry and North Staffs. The SandbachGPs host this service because we think it delivers a high quality service close to home and is right for some people.