- We understand that people are anxious to receive a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible. However, please don’t contact your GP practice, local hospital or council to seek a COVID-19 vaccine appointment – appointments cannot be made in this way.
- More COVID-19 vaccination services will be available near you early in the New Year and the NHS will contact you when it’s the right time to come forward. If you’re eligible for a vaccine, but are yet to be contacted, please remain patient. You will not be missed.
- This is just the beginning of the largest vaccination programme the country has ever seen and we will make sure that the people who need it most (and those that care for them) are able to access the vaccine in a safe way with the least delay.
- When you are invited for a vaccine, please act on your invite and make sure you attend appointments when you arrange them.
- Please also continue to wear a face covering and follow social distancing and hand hygiene guidance as, until a vaccine has been fully rolled out, this is the most effective way to reduce transmission of the virus and help save lives.
Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus. You should only leave the house for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home
These reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
Below you can find further information and resources regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are letting you know about a very useful website called Germ Defence which was created by a team of doctors and scientists to give you advice that has been proven to reduce the spread of viruses in the home. It can help you plan how to protect yourself and members of your family from infection by COVID-19 and ‘flu.
It’s easy to use and only takes 10 minutes – just click on this link:
(If this link does not open when you click on it, please copy and paste it into your web browser.)
Please pass details of the Germ Defence website to your friends and family.
There’s a button at the bottom of the Germ Defence website for sharing by social media.
If you’d like to know more:
- Over 20,000 people previously took part in research about Germ Defence
- People who followed the advice in Germ Defence had fewer and less severe illnesses – and so did the people they lived with
- Results of the study were published in The Lancet medical journal
- Germ Defence has been updated with COVID-19 advice to help prevent a wave of COVID-19 and ‘flu this Autumn/Winter
- Information about how the Germ Defence website is being evaluated is available here.